Wednesday, December 26, 2012

I love the library!  Not only do they have books to read and movies to watch, they have e-books and audio books.  HALLELUJAH! Now I can listen to books while I am doing other things. 

What does this mean, it means I will look for the audio before I look for a hard copy.  I know nothing is like holding a book, I love reading a hard copy when I have time.  But when I don’t have time, reading is the thing that gets left behind. 
Let's get to what am I listening to and anyone who knows me will laugh.  I'm listening to: The Now Habit. A Strategic Program for Overcoming Procrastination and Enjoying Guilt-Free Play. 

(You can stop laughing now.)    
The basic idea of the book is this-procrastination is not a character flaw, but a learned protective reaction to pressure.  Feeling overwhelmed from the pressure of failure or success.  And if the underlying fears can be diminished then the learned reaction (procrastination) can be unlearned. I thought the book would give steps to avoid procrastination, but it looks at why you procrastinate and how to overcome.   Very interesting!  Stop procrastinating and check it out.  It's worth your time.
 
The Now Habit: A Strategic Program for Overcoming Procrastination and Enjoying Guilt-Free Play.   Author Neil Fiore, PhD.

No comments:

Post a Comment