Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Something quick!

As you know Church That Matters gives away a book when you hand in a commitment card.  Our pastor just added a new book yesterday.  Armed and Dangerous, Ephesians 6:11, Straight Answers From the Bible.  The book has a list of topics; you chose a topic-go to the page and there you will find some scriptures on that topic. 

Yes, I know this is not a new concept.  Several years ago Victory Christian Center gave away a similar book.  I kept one in my Bible bag; I used it all the time!  (I gave it away, so if anyone has a spare...)

This book would be handy for anyone, but Armed and Dangerous is great for youth.  Many of the topics are things they may not want to go to a parent or adult about; such as drug abuse, lust, and temptation.  The book is small, easy to carry and bright orange (hard to misplace.)  I like to open it randomly and read.  That's a good way to end.  

..thumbing through...
Topic: the future.
1st scripture:
My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:  For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.  Proverbs 3:1,2

 

No comments:

Post a Comment